Saturday 7 December 2013

Construction Technology

Assignment
        We had only a group assignment for this module. Before we start doing it, Mr Leong has brief us through the assignment brief. The task is to study the building you live. Hence, we formed a group of 5 people and select Suriamas Condominium as the building to observe. In order to complete this assignment, we took photos of parts of the building like floor slab, column etc. Besides, we did some sketches as well and inserted in the report. I found out that what we have done for the assignment can be related to the lecture that given by Mr Leong. We also did some research on the internet for extra information.

Site Report

Scalffold that found on the site.

Some examples of temporary works.
        We went for a site visit to Symphony Hills in Cyberjaya on the 29 of November. Overall, it was a good experience for me as I gained knowledge of this module from there. Now, I have a better understanding on what is the temporary work as I being exposure to actual working environment on site. Through the site visit, I understand the basics of construction process. It gives me a better understanding in this field of construction industries. Lastly, I do hope that I can visit to other construction sites in the future.

Reflection
        This subject gave me a thought on how is the construction industries operate and it needs us, the future Quantity Surveyor in this society. To become parts of the industries, it does not have an easy way. All we have to do now is to do more reading and be alert of the construction industries.  Furthermore, I realised that team work is important when it comes to a group work. It gave me an idea of working together with different kind of colleagues in the future. Last but not least, I would like to say thank you to Mr Leong Boon Tik for the effort he made to make us understand his lecture who has been giving us extra information most of the time based on his experiences. 

No comments:

Post a Comment