Monday 4 July 2016

Construction Supply Chain Management

This subject was taught by Ms Tay and I found it the easiest subject among the others as the lecture notes are well organized and straightforward. Generally, this subject is about the integration of business knowledge in the construction sector.

We had an individual assignment and a group assignment for this subject. The individual assignment was about segmentation which has been taught earlier. In the assignment, we were to develop a 10 acres land and target the potential customers based on segmentation. In order to attain the targeted group, I analysed the consumer’s preference, desired lifestyle as well as the existing facilities around the land. I found it difficult at first to target a group as different people may have different desires. Hence, I did it alternatively to target my consumers based on the type of development to be built.

For the group assignment, we distributed the tasks accordingly to ensure everyone contribute effort in it. The assignment was about the current technology trend in the industry of BIM software. Thus, we are required to analyze the impact of BIM software towards the construction supply chain management. By doing the assignments together, we are able to contribute ideas and work as a team. 

Lastly, I would like to thank Ms Tay for her effort in knowledge sharing. Her passion in teaching is much appreciated as I always inspired by her friendliness that motivates me to work even harder.

No comments:

Post a Comment